CDN Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Design Schools    ACCD, CCS or Coventry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ACCD, CCS or Coventry Login/Join

New Forums Member
Picture of Stensrud
posted
Hi everybody!

Bit of a sticky situation here. As 20y old student from Norway, my application to ACCD, CCS and Coventry have just been accepted. I feel really lucky.

From day one I have loved what they do at ACCD, but I have heard there are some difficult times at this College (?) and CCS look like a highly prestigious College as well.
Until this day Coventry has been my last choise, but they just gave me an offer which is hard to reject when considering time and the finacial part of the program.

I have been accepted to go directly into the third year of their 4 year Automotive Design or Transport Design course, which means I will graduate from Coventry in june/july 2015.

This is a really difficult choise for me considering what will be best for me in my future career.

I really hope someone out there will be able to give me some professional guidance.

Thank you so much

Posts: 4 | Location: NorwayReply With QuoteReport This Post
New Forums Member
posted Hide Post
Im sorry I cant answer your question, however I am interested in applying for these colleges as well and would like to ask for your help. Would you mind sharing some of your work? I sant to see what kind of level of drawing skills they expect. I would really appreciate it if you do. Best of luck!

New Forums Member
Picture of Stensrud
posted Hide Post
Sure dude! I have posted some of my work on a Facebook Business page, just for fun. Search for Eirik Stensrud, and you will find it!

But remember, sketching is just one of many tools for problem solving/design...

Forums Member
posted Hide Post
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 3 choices. More important,is what you want to get out of each program,and where you want to wind up as a professional.That might help with your decision.

Posts: 68 | Location: michiganReply With QuoteReport This Post
New Forums Member
Picture of Stensrud
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comment, yello. Who will start 3.term at ACCD this fall? I guess you are my new classmates (:

Forums Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stensrud:
Thanks for the comment, yello. Who will start 3.term at ACCD this fall? I guess you are my new classmates (:

Congratulations.....now the fun begins!

Posts: 68 | Location: michiganReply With QuoteReport This Post
New Forums Member
posted Hide Post
Just make sure that you use the "extra" time to take other classes that will round out your experience. Perhaps focus on some 3D classes, possibly some game asset classes so that you can get some cross-training in conceptual workflows. Also consider other "fun" subjects that you would not have normally taken, say sculpture, caricature, photography, fabric arts, etc. What I'm saying is don't just go for 2 years. You'll miss out on some amazing experience.

Posts: 5 | Location: DetroitReply With QuoteReport This Post
New Forums Member
posted Hide Post
One other thought ... here in Detroit, CCS has moved their automotive classes to the newer Taubmann Center building, where space is shared with many other interesting departments, such as Graphic Design. You can work in great design classes such as typography, which you would not normally think of for auto design, but the focus on design principles will be of tremendous benefit to your portfolio and your enjoyment of school.

Posts: 5 | Location: DetroitReply With QuoteReport This Post