CDN Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Just Talk    Building a VW Buggy and need advice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Building a VW Buggy and need advice Login/Join

New Forums Member
posted
Hi all, I just registered on this site to find people who can help me.

I am in the process of building a kitcar. It has a VW Bug chassis, and a Bounty Hunter body.

My big example is this car: [img]http://data.motor-talk.de/data/galleries/0/132/2523/44062639/pict7196-495701282421030292.JPG[/img]

[img]http://data.motor-talk.de/data/galleries/0/132/2523/44062639/pict7124-8192652520942768938.JPG[/img]

More photos

I don't like the placing of these lights though, and thats why I am looking for advice. I want a modern headlight design using Xenon lights, prefer small projectors instead of the 7" units of my example car. I am looking at serveral standard motorcycle/car aftermarket units that might fit in my car. I prefer a wide placement of the headlights (closest to the corners of the car) and perhaps integrated signalling visible from the side.

Do you guys have suggestions what would make the car look good? Any suggestions on where to place this kind of topic?

Posts: 2 | Location: NetherlandsReply With QuoteReport This Post
New Forums Member
SMS does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted Hide Post
I suggest u to watch a clay model of a car on YouTube and the building process to design u kit model then then see my 1st post in this forum build u own custom parts for u car. but decision is yours.i didn't do it yet.i will do that after 3 month.

Posts: 2 | Location: BangladeshReply With QuoteReport This Post
New Forums Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your reply. I don't have a clay model. What I do have are plenty of photos of the car I want. What I try to do now is imagine headlight units of other cars to fit into my kitcar. I will make some photoshop mockups and see if I can get a feeling for it. I was hoping some people on this forum have a clear idea what would fit with this model.

Posts: 2 | Location: NetherlandsReply With QuoteReport This Post